Perry is banned from posting.......

dshall

There is a rumor that Perry is banned from posting...  following is an email from Perry,  maybe this will be rectified....  

"I CAN SEE IT, BUT I CAN'T POST ANYTHING, WELL I ASKED FOR IT. MAYBE I'M A TEST CASE, 1ST ONE EVER BANNED WITH THE NEW SYSTEM. NO NOTIFICATION OR ANYTHING FROM CHIEF, MAYBE IT AUTOMATIC WITH 3 REP POINTS."

I hope this is not true,  anyway,  the masses will stick by P.,  if he can't post,  then neither will I......  the next time P. posts,  then I will get back to posing,  until then,  maybe I will get some work done.

• Upvote 2

Hay, I just got back on, thanks guys and don't give me anymore red things. They must have put me back on after Scott said he was not going to post anymore, what a friend!!

No problem Bud,  I just gave you back 3 rep points,  I won't give you anymore red marks,  that is too funny,  I guess they called our bluff.  That will teach us won't it?

Hay, I just got back on, thanks guys and don't give me anymore red things. They must have put me back on after Scott said he was not going to post anymore, what a friend!!

P,

Glad to have you back. I consider you to be a positive contributor. You have much more knowledge than I do. I know this forum is run be Chief, but GEE WIZZ. 

• Upvote 1

I thought I wasn't allowed to post the other day as well, but it turned out I wasn't logged in. This new system seems to kick me out all the time whereas I don't remember logging very often in the old one, it just remembered me somehow. Maybe there is a cookie issue.

• Upvote 1

An alternate  e-mail is all that is needed to create another 'sign-on ID' on CA and booster your main ID's reputation points!  That in itself renders the system inert, void, and worthless! :o

Where can you see reputation points? I obviously don't have any since I can't see them, but still?   ;)

• Upvote 1

>Where can you see reputation points? I obviously don't have any since I can't see them, but still?   ;)<

the red , green and gray buttons on the bottom of each post ...grey is your rep. points and yes you have zero :)

M.

• Upvote 1

I thought I wasn't allowed to post the other day as well, but it turned out I wasn't logged in. This new system seems to kick me out all the time whereas I don't remember logging very often in the old one, it just remembered me somehow. Maybe there is a cookie issue.

Same here, the new system does not do very well in that regard. About twice a week I have to re-sign-in. Whats up with that?

• Upvote 1

Where can you see reputation points? I obviously don't have any since I can't see them, but still?   ;)

I just gave you one,   Look at the members list.... Anyone who has a Surface Pro deserves a 'bump' in their reputation!  :)

• Upvote 2

P,

Glad to have you back. I consider you to be a positive contributor. You have much more knowledge than I do. I know this forum is run be Chief, but GEE WIZZ. 

Chief runs the forum but from my limited knowledge, it is not the creator or owner

I refer to a ticket I submitted regarding some issues I was having w/ the forum on my end

The reply was something to the effect that Cheif would have to contact the "owner" (designer?) of the forum and for me to attach capture screens of the issues

The problems were corrected without any intervention by me (or Chief that I am aware of)

• Upvote 1

yes, the forum software is by a vendor

but CA is the "owner"

I stay logged in but in the last few weeks I have been getting logged out

Once I re-boot I am good until ....

the first time it happened I called CA

their response was "oh, well... too bad" :(

Lew

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I just gave you one,   Look at the members list.... Anyone who has a Surface Pro deserves a 'bump' in their reputation!  :)

Thanks, I enjoyed it so much I gave you one right back!  :)   It only seems to apply to the individual post, is the member list the only way to see how many one has collected?

• Upvote 1

Thanks Nic, it's been a few days since I got a plus, with Glenn & JC bashing me with red marks, I was beginning to get an inferiority complex.

Scott,

You don't need any 'frickin'  reputation points to determine your value... You are indeed priceless....  Keep up the good work!