Creating Door Entry Into Slope Roof

rybolt47

The bottom of my door and the eave would both occur about 8" above ground level with a overhung gable roof slanted about the same angle as the pyramid roof.

Thanks for your help and reply.

Is it some thing like this? I am not sure what you actually wanted.

post-2517-0-34731900-1454967310_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-31268400-1454967322_thumb.jpg

The door on one side would be correct except it would be a pyramid with four sides instead of two intersecting a-frames.

How did you go about making the door entry with the angled door openings down to the eave?

Thanks for your input.

Please explain.  The door needs to be in a vertical wall.  You can move the walls outward after creating the roof but code would require a minimum head height at the room edges so maybe you would move each wall (except the section where the door is) out 48".  That would give about a 3' height at the walls.

post-47-0-13050500-1454973458_thumb.jpg

Thanks Solver and Yusuf 333 for your help.

This is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

I asked the question through Tech Support.

They suggested I go to Help Support.

This was my first time posting.

I need to become more familiar with the proper procedures.

I only have one additional question.

If I decide to move the doorway entrance out 2 or 3 feet, do I need to draw a separate wall and designate it as a porch with roof? sunroom with gable roof? dormer with door? or can I just extend the existing foundation out to include a doorway area and add a roof.

Do you know of a knowledge base print out that would relate to what I was trying to achieve?

Thanks again for taking your time to respond.

I have Pro 2015.

As long as everyone is guessing -- here's mine.

attachicon.gifpcab 1.jpg

Eric,

I have tried to draw this Pyramid version with Pro 2015  but not having any luck at the door entry location  with the door sloping roof lines going down to the eaves.

What steps did you use in achieving this?

Thanks.