X8 Cad To Walls - Not Working

Joe_Carrick

Maybe it's an Imperial X7 Template vs a Metric X7 Template.

Nope,  it worked for me in imperial units...  and Michael,  I agree,  essentially a useless feature for me too.  I used it once and it was more trouble than simple drawing the walls.

You know...I've never even opened up the CAD to walls dbx before.  Just did for the first time.  Looks like it was designed to work with imported DWG drawings.  Interesting.  Still imagine it would be faster and more accurate to just redraw but who knows.  I'd be interested to hear how you guys use it. 

I don't use it either, but I do know it works on what your default settings are for walls , doors and windows and some other defaults, so those need to be set first, especially wall thickness. Chief sinces wall thickness and gives you the closest one from your defaults. Even after you convert there is a lot of fix up, you might as well just trace it, to me its faster.

I have used it a few times but as Perry indicated - it's a pain and usually not worth the trouble.  I have no idea why it's not working on a migrated X7 plan for me but .....

The same plan in X7 works.  New plans from Chief supplied X8 templates work as well.  There's just something that's wrong with my migrated Template.