X8 - Setting Elevation Camera Defaults

HumbleChief

Here's what I would like. I would like to hit my elevation camera view and have everything set up from various default settings.

I would like the sun set to follow camera; shadows set to 15%; shadows toggled on; color toggled off.

I am now getting various settings that don't seem to follow the defaults I have set up, which for now appears to be only Vector View and the default shadow intensity that has to be adjusted with each elevation camera view by clicking the reset to default button, meaning it acts like there is no default setting at all.

Is there more control in the defaults that I am missing?

There are two places to adjust the rendering technic's , one in the camera defaults for new camera views ,and one in the 3d tab / rendering techinec's for existing camera views. you can also change some settings by selecting the actual camera and open that

There are two places to adjust the rendering technic's , one in the camera defaults for new camera views ,and one in the 3d tab / rendering techinec's for existing camera views. you can also change some settings by selecting the actual camera and open that

Yup, one setting sets the camera to be 'Standard' 'Vector' etc. done that and I get Vector Views but no control that I can find about sun settings. The 3D settings allow for color off but no way I can see to set sun follows camera and toggle shadows 'on'.

I would like to avoid opening each camera and adjusting settings 'every' time.

OK This will be a bizarre post as suddenly everything has started to work. I found the sun follows camera default, the shadow intensity is now staying at the default I chose, color is off from the 3D settings so wow it all looks good.

Tanks Perry for the 3D defaults tip. I didn't know you could turn off color elevations there.

It would be really nice if we had the ability to select a camera and then have a "Set as Default" icon like we do for Doors, Windows & Cabinets.  Of course, that implies that there are actual defaults.  For most of what Larry is asking for there are in fact defaults that can be set.

For the Sun, Defaults>Camera>Sun provides:

Intensity

Color

Sun Follows Camera

Tilt Angle

Direction Angle.