I Didn't Know How To Do This So

davidinvest

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Makes a lot more sense now. Its just unusual to have a 15 year old trying to learn how to use $2,700 software. People don't typically buy something like that if they don't have a notable amount of architectural, construction, or general life experience. And I don't say that in a negative way toward you. Just that you're outside the typical mold. Knowing a little more about who you are and where you're coming from should really help us help you a little better.

Anyway, having said all that, I would recommend you take time to go through the Users Guide (at least starting with Chapter 2) and Use the Help files. They are both extremely valuable learning tools. Both can be found if you click on the Help tab at the top of the screen inside Chief Architect. The Users Guide may seem really boring, but it will guide you through all the basics.

Don't underestimate learning the basics however dull they may seem.

One more thing.  Really work on trying to communicate your questions more clearly.  Describe what are are trying to accomplish.  When you say things like "I don't know how to do this", we really have no idea what you're talking about.  Maybe ask something more like "How do I create a 2D elevation detail like this...automatically?"  To which we could respond something like "Use a cross section camera, that's what they're for...duh." 

For what  its worth, the detail you drew up with poly-lines should really only have taken 2 seconds with a cross section camera.  If you would have learned the program in order though, you would have known that.  Just remember that.  Try to avoid the temptation to take too many shortcuts, and be prepared to focus on one thing at a time till you really get your head wrapped around it.  If you don't get those little things figured out, you're going to end up with a whole crapload of things you barely understand and you'll end up fighting with Chief for the rest of your life. : )

Alaska-Son Stop talking to me like I am a 12 year old girl who spends her whole life on facebook taking selfies. I am a 15 year old guy who took life by the reins and tossed out childhood.

Disrespect is going to get you too far at all here.  I was just offering you a helping hand.  I can see you must be too good for that.

Let's end this negative tone right here. Clearly there has been some sort of misunderstanding. Micheal didn't mean anything he said negatively. He is telling you what any other user is telling you. There are quite a few of well respected users around here and Micheal is one of them. You really don't want to show disrespect on this forum because the other users are going to see this and maybe steer clear of helping you in the future. Just end the negative tone here.

So I asked you to stop talking to me in a mocking manor and you call that disrespect?

I wasn't mocking you.  I was trying to offer you some sound advice.  Know your place.  You've been asking some extremely elementary questions...the likes of which I have almost never seen on this forum.  Your questions have been poorly worded, extremely vague and unclear, and you don't know how to use punctuation.  You're talking to people who have been doing what you are trying to do for as long as you have been alive and of lot of guys and gals here much MUCH longer than that.  If you want to be able to communicate better here and learn some things, you can start by taking a little advice and not getting offended so easily. 

Sure, I just felt disrespected when he said that it is unusual to give a program like this to a 15 year old.

Don't take that as disrespect David...seriously...wasn't intended that way Its just a simple fact. We're not used to younger, relatively inexperienced people here is all.

Please don't think I'm some spoiled rich kid, I'm trying really hard to understand this program, so I ask a lot of questions.

I don't think anyone assumed that. If you do a little research and studying, you will find that a lot of your questions you can answer yourself. And I don't know about you, but I get a little gitty when I figure something out on my own saving me the time of posting on the forum.

Try to keep it all live and not use so much cad lines, Chief was designed to work that way. When you draw something, everything is updated automatically and no fixing. You do need to know how to create a very clean model though. Keep learning all the time, I still do.