Annoying Dashed Line

payettedesigns

I am getting really good at this program and don't ask a lot of question. This one aggravates the crap out of me the dashed line that shows wall intersections when your drawing walls keeps turning off where is this setting? I found it one time... I  keep resetting defaults to get it to reappear.. I don't have to use it but it is a handy little guy....

Are you talking about one of the Extensions at Preferences...Edit...Snap Properties...Extensions...

Exactly and I figured it out. The edit snap properties(intersections) in preferences randomly gets unchecked constantly and I don't know why. I have never changed it in preferences which are supposedly global.  I think what happens is  if I import a drawing from someone else -- it will un-check it but I am not sure why. No big deal. 

We have no idea what you're talking about. Need an image or something. 

This was what I was talking about.. This was a response  to another user...

Exactly and I figured it out. The edit snap properties(intersections) in preferences randomly gets unchecked constantly and I don't know why. I have never changed it in preferences which are supposedly global.  I think what happens is  if I import a drawing from someone else -- it will un-check it but I am not sure why. No big deal. 

It's been my experience that the Hotkey for this snap setting is usually the culprit.  I generally remove the hotkey settings (or change assignments) for all of the snap properties as 0,4,5,6,7,8,9 seem to get accidentally hit too often!