Connecting Roof Planes Causes Sections Of Fascia To Disappear.

HaywardVT

I didn't mess with it for a long time, but the short time I did spend with it led me to believe it's a buggy roof. I wouldn't have modeled it like you did, but I don't technically think there's anything wrong with the way you did it. It shouldn't behave like that. Probably one to send in to tech support.

Hello Hayward,

This has happened to me countless times.. Its all about straightening your roof plans out.

Try to make sure they are all straight. Let me know if it does not work for you, and I can make a video. Contact me directly at dave@dmd3d.com

Dave

post-637-0-53955700-1454781260_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Hello Hayward,

This has happened to me countless times.. Its all about straightening your roof plans out.

Try to make sure they are all straight. Let me know if it does not work for you, and I can make a video. Contact me directly at dave@dmd3d.com

Dave

Dave wins the prize.

Have a look at the angle.

Dave,

How does this happen with Angle Snaps toggled on?

Nice catch guys.

Hello Hayward,

Dave

Dave, It's always wonderful to have your input here on the forum. I always link users to Chief Tutor. GREAT website! Priceless tool.

Dave wins the prize.

Have a look at the angle.

Dave,

How does this happen with Angle Snaps toggled on?

Whats even more amazing to think about is, Did Chief Architect build their software in such a way that when something as small as this angle is off by, it results in a building error..!

---- I was never one for code, but that's pretty darn impressive code..!

Thanks for the help guys, that fixed it. I'm pretty sure I got that weird angle from editing the roof plane in a 3D view. 

While on the topic of roofs, does anyone know why some walls are missing auto roof returns? I've tried rebuilding the roof planes that don't have returns; they're there once built but when the plane's moved into place the return isn't there.