Deck Framing Not Framing Right

capitaldesigns

I'm new to CA,

I was following along with the new deck video on CA website. When I do the deck framing it does not frame right.

In the video it comes out correctly.

We are adding a deck to a one story raised foundation house. The house is already framed. When I generate the

deck framing the rim joist of the house is moved back to the inside face of the stem wall. The deck floor joists are

resting on the sill plate of the house and the house floor joist are now off of the foundation. In the video the house

rim joist remain where it should be (aligned with the outside face of the stem wall) and the deck floor joist are hanging

off of the house rim joist.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks,

Mike

Attached is the plan I was working on. You can see that where the decks are attached to the house floor framing that the rim joist is pushed back to align

with the inside face of the conc. stem wall. They should be aligned with the outside face of the stem wall. The house floor joist are now not sitting on top of

the sill plate. The new deck floor joist are now sitting on top of the sill plate. The deck joists should be hanging off of the rim joist.

Thanks,

Mike

Deck.plan

Mike,

Here is a copy of your plan. If you look you will see that the room needs to be set to deck for the framing to be correct.

The Balcony Room setting was causing the framing to not generate correctly. If you reconnect it and build the framing again you will see what I mean.

Use the anno set - (framing) to view the framing on the 0 basement floor level.

hth,

Deck-framing-fix.plan

• Thanks Mike for your answer. But in the training video Manual Frame Deck he is using the Balcony Room settings.

He was doing this to demonstrate how to put in the support posts and beams manually. In his video the rim joist of

the house stayed aligned with the outside face of the stem wall. When I follow along with the video my rim joist is moved

back and aligns with the inside face of the stem wall.

Thanks,

Mike