Bonus & Manufacturer Catalogs

Larry_Sweeney

I recently downloaded X8 Beta. My Core catalogs for the library are all there, but the manufacturer and bonus catalogs are empty. Is there a way to "quickly" download these catalogs? If I'm reading the Help content correctly, it's saying I have to click on each individual catalog to download them all. Isn't there a way to do a "one or two click" process to download the many Bonus & Manufacturer Catalogs all at one time? I don't remember it being such a pain to get them in previous versions, but then I don't remember what I did last week. :unsure:

I don't know if I went about exporting my Manugacturer & Bonus catalogs correctly, but the way I did it was to open my "Program Data" folder for X7 & X8 then just copied the libraries from X7 to X8 as explained here https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00091/backing-up-library-content.html . At first everything seemed okay, but I then realized some of the textures and images are missing from some of the items. Can anyone tell me where to look for them? Is this the incorrect way to export the Bonus & Manufacture libraries from X7 to X8? If this is the wrong way could you steer to where I can find the information to do it correctly?

It's probably less headache and faster to just re-download bonus and user I exported by right clicking in the library window to a file, then import in X8. I recently learned to keep the on a drive so I don't have to keep doing it, but I'm not sure if that can be updated easy or how often updates are available. 

Suggest you take Terrys advice and use the built-in library down load manger. I'm a bit hesitant to provide more details on copying program related directories and files for a system that I cannot actually see. If something is amiss you may have to reinstall Chief and then you are back to zero again.

Graham

Thanks to all for your suggestions. After many attemps trying to bring my Bonus & Manufacturer Libraries from X7 to X8 with different suggestions I finally got things moved. The first thing I tried was using the library download manager, but I was having problems right from the start. I'm starting to think my problems are with my computer. Three times in the last two weeks my computer has flashed a blue screen for about a second with comments on it and then restarts. After it restarts I open it in safe mode and then shut it down and restart it. I don't get a chance to read what's on the "blue screen" before it shuts down because it happens so fast, so I don't know what's going on. I'm about as "computer savy" as a newborn pup trying to walk. :mellow: I guess I'm going to have to call my "IT person". My main system is over 4 yrs. old and it might be trying to tell me something.

• 1 year later...

If you use a download manager or an extension (like down them all) you can go online to the catalog web page and select all the bonus cats you can find and then have it all download at once. You still have to go through and find them all though.