3D People

Dennis_Gavin

Dennis, it sounds like you once had these and now they are missing. The ones I have seen that are fully 3D look awful. I mainly use the "People Library" complied by Joe Carrick which are 2D images, not fully 3D symbols. Chief used to have a few of these but they are currently missing. I can share Joe's Library if you like, just say so.

DJP

I searched the X8 core library for "people" nothing came up? 

Glenn, I downloaded your zip to a folder and extracted it, loaded the .plan into 8, then pulled it up in 8. When I went to a 3D view I got an error that a number of files like faces, etc, were missing to re-link but I could not find the files? See the pic is this how these people should look? Some to the left are real dark? They are geometric shapes that I can then load to my library one by one?......Oh, the wheel chair, walker, are 2D only? 

post-5962-0-23050200-1454497377_thumb.png

3d People

Suggest a search in Chief forum "Symbols and Content"

3d people vs 2d people.

Simple answer:

If you are using Chief Architect to render your views use mainly 2d people with the odd 3d person.

Put 3d people on a separate layer to allow them to be closed while you are doing your CAD work.

3d people are very high in poly count.  Add a few 3d people to Chief and it will "slooooow" things down.

Use of third party render programs.

Rendering programs like Thea Render use proxies.

The best use of high poly count models (people, furniture etc.) is by use of proxies.

Proxies are simple CAD forms to represent the model while working in your main program.

Then when the views are rendered the proxies are substituted for the actual hi-poly models.

Rendering times will increase but at lease you can have a break, or coffee while the scenes are rendered.

Terry,

They are just a collection of 3D people I pulled of some old libraries for which the assigned materials are no longer available.

They are all 3D, including the cart, wheelchair, walker, etc.

You will have to assign your own materials.

Once you assign at least 1 material to those that aren't displaying in 3D, the whole symbol should display with your default material for Fixtures. 

You will then be able to see them in 3D and continue to assign materials.

post-106-0-29194400-1454500304_thumb.jpg

Glenn, got ya...thanks for all your help your awesome. I changed a mans hair to black and it made his lips black. Oh well, looks like a mustache from a distance or maybe grease mark from working on the John Deer....he needs to head for that hammock and chill out a while :)

I LOVE this software, what fun! :)

BTW: Not slowing my huge model down at all. Guess I'll keep the new rig. 

post-5962-0-84767000-1454501485_thumb.png