Output resolution and vector quality in Cheif?

Nicinus

I'm not talking monitor, just printed to PDF.

Me too. That's the thing with pdfs, they are a file in a vector based format, written in a language called postscript that defines circles, fonts, etc, instead of saving them as an image/bitmap.

The real question is does it look good when printed?

That's for sure. I'm also very new at this and may be doing scaling mistakes when sending to Layout. I will continue to tinker and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks all for your feedback.

The issue is the CAD block that represents the symbol you are printing. The Circe that was created was likely derived from the 3D data. If you do a top down view in 3D you should be able to verify this.

Normally I am with you, but a little lost here,  Can you clarify what you are saying...

I went back and reviewed the original images again and then tried to recreate the situation you showed. In the place setting I found in the library the plate is a CAD circle. Since we draw circles as line segments using the DPI of the device being drawn on choosing 72DPI will cause the problems you are seeing.

If one were to create the CAD block from the symbol you would see a less circular plate. After looking at the images you posted again I don't think that is what you are seeing.