Roof Cuts Wall At Bottom - Wall Still Displays On Floor Plan View

vikiw_bend

I have never known how to resolve this situation. You have a second story dormer drawn manually. The walls for the room below do not extend as far as where the main and dormer roofs intersect. In an exterior camera view, there is a triangular gap. Now, if I add a wall section to close in that gap, and do "roof cuts wall at bottom", and indicate a room divider for the lower wall type, it shows accurately on the camera view, and also on an interior camera view, but on the floor plan, the wall still shows up. I've attached a picture. In the past, I've just extended the wall to close the gap when I'm doing exterior views, then pulled it back for the floor plans, but that's a royal pain. Any ideas?

post-258-0-43820200-1454109056_thumb.jpg

I have never known how to resolve this situation. You have a second story dormer drawn manually. The walls for the room below do not extend as far as where the main and dormer roofs intersect. In an exterior camera view, there is a triangular gap. Now, if I add a wall section to close in that gap, and do "roof cuts wall at bottom", and indicate a room divider for the lower wall type, it shows accurately on the camera view, and also on an interior camera view, but on the floor plan, the wall still shows up. I've attached a picture. In the past, I've just extended the wall to close the gap when I'm doing exterior views, then pulled it back for the floor plans, but that's a royal pain. Any ideas?

Many years ago I did many vids on dormers,  not sure if I could find them now....  quick answer....  I put those walls on the floor above...  then they don't show in plan...  another option is to put the walls on their own layer called.....  WALL NORMAL,  NOT IN PLAN,  and then turn that layer off.

• Upvote 1

Scott, I must have a doppleganger somewhere  :) Thanks for the tips. If I put the wall on the attic floor, it still leaves a triangle gap below. Having a separate layer for those walls sounds like the best idea. Pretty easy fix.

Your welcome...... BTW, if you put it on attic layer and then drag end to fill triangle, it should work. Two methods, two solutions.