Version 8

Paramount

Would it not be a good idea to put a temporary sticky up so it is easy to find all X8 discussions and not have to create alot of scattered threads and post? At least until the major bugs are worked out? I tried searching "X8" and it will not allow it. 

1. Is there something wrong with these pics? My drop down icons are very small. I do not have that issue in X7. 

2. I was successful at importing my core and user catalogs, how do I import bonus? 

3. Anyone figure out a way to slow down 3D connect mouse, man that thing is touchy and takes some practice but I like how taking a camera does no break-up and it's nice to be able to walk through a camera. 

post-5962-0-03470500-1454076278_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-70512100-1454076707_thumb.jpg

Terry,

Some Vendor Forums have a section for each version as well as a General section.. There are never "what version are you using?" questions.. A good idea...

My X8 menus here are fine...

As far as the mouse, click the left button and under properties you can adjust the speed.

Thank you for the help. Slowing down the mouse helps to learn. I cannot open 7 with 8 installed even if I reboot and run as admin it won't open and says there is another program running and running two is not recommended, there are no programs running in the task bar when I get the error? Odd since all was fine yesterday. I have no other 7 license active either. 

My drop down scaling is checked I only get small ones when I have more monitors installed and it does not happen on the other monitors just the labtop below in my sig I have as main in W10. Is there a W10 display setting I need to change? My chrome drop downs are fine so it's CA. 

post-5962-0-09306300-1454156418_thumb.png

Paramount....(signature?)...........I was having the same problem and this cured it. Reboot your computer, wait another few minutes (giving time for everything on machine to get booted) then before doing anything else, right click on your X7 icon and give it the admin. rights. This finally is what work for me a few days ago and so far everything has been opening as it should.

Larry, are you saying you can not see my signature with my set-up? I can on my screen. If not please let me know. That worked, both open. Odd that only 8 has small drop downs on my main monitor. I'll call tech Monday. I just completed a fully furnished home that looks awesome in 8 is working fine. I took a chance. The 3D mouse I went to advanced speed setting and messed around, and rotating around a camera point. I'm faster with the normal mouse. My model is very loaded and tends to keep spinning a bit but its working good for all I have in it. Anyone have tips on how to make a big packed model faster? 

Cool Larry happens to best of us oldie but goodie guys :)

I don't know the difference between 7 and 8 so I'll ask here. In 8 why are my ceiling planes not following my tray hole in ceiling I made using a converted polyline? I'm watching a vid that shows a hole in ceiling my shows a very small one. Next it says to add crown molding by converting another poly that did not solve my ceiling planes not following the hole? 

post-5962-0-91067600-1454252999_thumb.png

post-5962-0-88966000-1454253012_thumb.png