As Builts

DanatCCB

I am starting to use the Layer Sets to establish an As Built plan, a Demo Plan and then a remodel Plan. 

I am using the layer display options to select what I want displayed in each of the above.   I have created Demo walls, Demo Doors, Etc.. allowing me to display what I need for each of the layers.   When I display the Remodel Set - and create a Perspective view - the floors show where to demo walls were located - the walls are gone - but the floor surface is missing... 

Any help on how to correct this?

Thanks,

Dan

I've taken to using a separate demo plan as well.  I draw up the as-built situation, do a Save-As and modify as necessary to create a demo plan.  Then I take the demo plan, do another Save-As and modify as necessary for the proposed plan. 

Views from all 3 plans can be sent to the same layout.

I think it was Scott who did a video about converting demo walls to CAD - just for the plan overlay.  Unless you specifically need to model the demo walls/doors, 2D representation is probably fine.

Yep, I did, if one was to go on their browser and do a search for DEMO PLAN VIDEOS BY DSH it would probably pop up. I think it is a similar method that 95% of users use.