Fill Doorway

johnny

If your fill was created just using the room dbx, I'm not sure of another way other than creating another polyline for each individual door.

What specifically is your goal with the particular details you're drawing up? Just in case there might be a possibility to use a different method.

• Upvote 1

Create a Room Polyline and use that for the Fill.  Break it at the door edges and drag that segment into the door opening.  Move the Room Polyline to the "Back Group".

BTW, as long as the Room Polyline is the "Back Group" you don't even need to break it at the door - just drag that side to the opposite side of the wall.

• Upvote 1

If your fill was created just using the room dbx, I'm not sure of another way other than creating another polyline for each individual door.

What specifically is your goal with the particular details you're drawing up? Just in case there might be a possibility to use a different method.

I often shade spaces showing existing (untouched) vs rooms that have changes (or additions). 

So to be clear, in your answer I need to make a room poly from the selection and then break?  Otherwise I can't seem to break the "room definition" - unless I am doing it wrong.

Create a Room Polyline and use that for the Fill.  Break it at the door edges and drag that segment into the door opening.  Move the Room Polyline to the "Back Group".

BTW, as long as the Room Polyline is the "Back Group" you don't even need to break it at the door - just drag that side to the opposite side of the wall.

rgr...so I do need to make a poly 1st?