Siding On Icf Wall

djhplanning

When I open/close the Material Region dbx, the problem vanishes until I close/open the plan file. I don't know what's up with the Material Regions, but you can eliminate the problem using Wall Types.

1) Delete the Material Regions.

2) Define a Wall Type for ICF with the siding:

attachicon.gificf1.PNG

3) Select the appropriate walls and define them as pony walls:

attachicon.gificf2.PNG

4) Enjoy the result:

attachicon.gificf3.PNG

I can confirm to what RACKLAMORE says..   interesting,  upgrade to x8 and be done with it......  I am assuming my x8 results are the same as everybody else results,  can anybody confirm that x8 does not have problem.

Bottom line,  use pony walls,  do not use material regions

Just curious if any other members have confirmed this to be the case. "Wall Specifications", "Wall Type", "Define".

Graham

Yes. I may not have articulated it very well but I was trying to say basically the same thing in my post above. I stopped short of suggesting one of the foam layers be moved to the exterior finish because I didn't know if perhaps the OP had a reason for making those all main layers in the first place

Thanks Micheal, went back and reviewed your post, you nailed it!!!

Appears that if there is no defined exterior finish then the intersecting interior walls flash through, and as you stated the material region interprets them as openings and such it wraps around them accordingly.

Graham

Nice job Michael....  but I will say that maybe CA has this worked out in x8 so the additional layer is not required.  Interesting.

Thanks Micheal, went back and reviewed your post, you nailed it!!!

Appears that if there is no defined exterior finish then the intersecting interior walls flash through, and as you stated the material region interprets them as openings and such it wraps around them accordingly.

Graham

Nice job Michael....  but I will say that maybe CA has this worked out in x8 so the additional layer is not required.  Interesting.

I remember reporting a similar issue to Tech Support early last year. It was fixed in one of the updates I thought. I haven't had that problem since anyway!

post-108-0-81431400-1454101887_thumb.png