Anchor Bolt Spacing

CADD16

Does anyone know where you can set the anchor bolt spacing for foundation walls, so it reports correctly in the material list?  Also is there a place where you can specify the vertical footing rebar that ties into the foundation wall rebar.  thanks

I don't think you can specify either of those options. This is the only place I'm aware of to set foundation reinforcing steel defaults:

post-95-0-81351700-1453913208_thumb.png

It's silly that we can specify a foam seal and termite flashing but not anchor bolts or dowels.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the responses, I called in to tech support and got the answers.  The number of anchor bolt designated in the material list or the components of the wall is hard coated into the program, (can't be changed by the user).  There is also no way of specifying the spacing of vertical footing dowels that tie into the wall reinforcing.  I asked that both of these be put in the feature request.  It's pretty standard in home building and construction to have vertical footing rebar that ties into  foundation rebar. Both of these items need to be added to the foundation defaults "options" tab.

• Upvote 1

I would be really surprised if your concrete foreman orders rebar based on what the material list says.

I agree it isn't the norm for residential yet, but it will be close enough.  It would be wise of CA to simply make these editable items in the foundation wall dialog box.

I've been getting more and more request by builders to provide "data" on projects for bid purposes. 

• Upvote 1

I agree it isn't the norm for residential yet, but it will be close enough.  It would be wise of CA to simply make these editable items in the foundation wall dialog box.

I've been getting more and more request by builders to provide "data" on projects for bid purposes. 

...and the options need to be available on a per-wall basis. A Default is fine, but many of my projects have walls that require different dowel spacings and embedments.

You can add the number of bolts on a per wall basis through the wall's Components dbx.

Not auto - but can be done manually.

The total number of bolts will be reflected in the ML.

If you use the same spelling in all walls, say BOLTS, the ML will total all the bolts in the project.

Or, you can use a different name for the bolts in each wall (perhaps "BOLTS 1"), and the bolts will be listed separately for each wall.

• 1 month later...

When dealing with uplifts, the location of all jbolts, each side all windows and doors, by all stud packs supporting beams, 8" from all corners is important to the foundation man to have.  If they had the program put a dot on the foundation automatically when placing openings and 8" from corners, it would be helpful so we could dimension  them for the foundation man.  I'm doing this manually now.  If you're on a coast like me its required on every building.

Greg