Polyline Solids In The Material List

CADD16

I don't think the material makes any difference.

You can change it's category after generating a ML by clicking the drop down box in the ID column and selecting another category.

I don't know a way to change the category before generating the ML.

You can turn the polyline solid into an architectural block, then block one more time.  This will give you a Components dbx.  Open the architectural block and select "Treat as one object".  I suggest unchecking all the lines generated in the Components dbx and instead, add accessories.  Give the description you want and same with the category...........If you should need to generate additional ML, then this will remain constant and no need to correct in the generated ML.

Another option - Convert to Symbol.

But you need to do that in a 3D View where nothing else is present.  A blank plan is the best way.

I'll bet CA could program, to where you could select a polyline solid and have an option to "convert to symbol", in the same plan, with no trouble.  The program should generate a special layer set, once the solid is selected, where all is invisible except for the solid.  Then once the symbol was created, have an option to automatically replace the polyline solid and also, an option to add to the library..............It would also be good to allow symbols, to be generated in other units of measure, besides each (1).  A polyline solid may need to be in sq. ft., cubic yds., etc..There's a way around that, but involves accessories.