Is There A Way To Make Icons Larger?

GLOBE-Res

This is the size of the icons and text now - This is font size 14.

This is about the size that I want the icons - This is font size 48. 

I don't want to keep squinting & switching between my buck $2.98 Walmart reading glasses to the "Chief Architect glasses".

So, help me out folks, what can I do to prevent early blindness?

The only way I know of increasing the size of icons, etc. in Chief is to change the Display Settings (resolution) of the monitor.  This will effect all other apps as well as the Desktop.

Even more annoying to me is the size of the text in DBXs and a the wasted space in those DBXs.  CA should provide a setting so we could adjust them.  Note:  The contents of some DBXs can be adjusted using Ctrl_Scroll Wheel, but that's inconsistent, not working in most DBXs.

You must be wearing your more expensive glasses, font size has been lowered. Just Kidding!! Unfortunately there is no way to adjust scaling for an individual program. Windows settings does permit scaling, but it will effect every program. The only issue with this is that not everything scales properly, especially if you set things too large. It all depends on how the software defines the screen and positioning of elements, most use a combination of absolute and relative position and sizing values and as such an overall DPI scaling factor can result in some unusual effects. Things should improve in the future though as this is becoming more important due to the wide range of screen sizes coming into the market. Until then I, like you, have to put my reading glasses on.

Graham

Graham,

Having programmed a rather extensive Windows Accounting Application, I can assure you that the DPI of the monitor is available and the text size in any dialog can be customized as to size.  In fact, Chief already does that in the Plan, Elevations, Sections, and Details (text sizes).  They just haven't applied the principles to dialogs.

Icons are a different issue, being bitmap images drawn to a specific number of pixels.  Generally there are just 2 possible sizes included in an App - but even doesn't have to be true.

Joe, I know that the information and capability exists. Unfortunately not all software is written/designed in a way to easily accommodate full scaling. This issue is highly evident in Website design, in the past everything was based upon a typical fixed sized screen layout. Today screens vary widely in both physical size and pixel density. New properly designed websites now retrieve the screen characteristics which defines the overall available area, the inside layout/structure is then defined relative to this. Even this has it's limitations and as you mention graphic elements are a different challenge over text and layout structure.

Pinch/Zoom on touch screen phones, tablets and now monitors are good examples where straight forward magnification is being used. Text is fine as fonts are designed for scaling but images start to fall apart if their base resolution is too low and the big penalty is that you reduce the amount of visible information as you zoom in.

Graham

This reminds me of the epic scene where Kirk gets in Spock's face to cause Spock to become emotionally compromised where by Spock physically attacks Kirk, whereby Spock relieves himself due to his inability to carry on his commission.....This is exciting...I Like this site...