Stumped Drawing A "light Chimney"

Stevenplane

Ok...attached is the ole' barn plan I'm still having issues with.  I used to be an X1 user but it's been years since I've had the software.  I recently got x7 but I'm still rusty.  At any rate, I'm in need of what I believe to be pretty easy help for the folks on here.

Attached you'll find the plan along with a pic of my customer's inspiration.  My vision for that tower is to have it in nearly the same position as the inspiration pic, only directly over my existing stairs.  It would be awesome if I could fit some winding stairs into it and make it an "observatory".  However, I don't think there will be enough space so I'll be satisfied if it acts as a "light chimney" to flood the stairs with light.

My problem is that I've tried everything to figure out how to draw this thing and I'm coming up blank.  I've looked at manual dormer tutorials, chimney tutorials, checked the message boards...I just can't quite find anything that works.  I feel strongly I've overlooked something simple which is why I'm posting.  Suggestions will of course be greatly appreciated.  

Also, I'm still having a small problem with the half bath under the stair.  The idea is that I can lower the ceiling in there to hide the slope from the underside of the stair...maybe even a soffit over the sink.  However, somewhere along the way I've screwed something up because when you look underneath the structure in orthographic view, you can see that floor is sunk down a few inches.  If you open the .dbx for that room there's an error message that prevents changes to the stem wall which is causing the floor to be sunken in that orthographic view.  It's not a huge deal, just very annoying and I've tried everything, including redrawing the bathroom.

Lastly, when you go up the stairs in 3D view, you can see the backside of the double closet door opening and the bathroom where the right handrail is.  Again, not really important but very annoying.

Again, THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP :-)

Lotfi Barn Home ver.2.plan

Ayrshire-24-Gambrel-Barn-Floorplans.pdf

Draw the tower as an internal room.

Give the room a very high ceiling.

Draw a polyline around the room and convert it to a Hole In Roof.

Roof the tower.

I would have let Chief auto build all the roofs and then there is no roof work to do manually.

Chief will even build the cricket that you will need on he upslope side of the tower.

Your toilet floor is at 0" whilst the rest of your floors are at 4".

The doors show through to the stairs because they are too high (higher than the stairs).

Why is the ceiling height over the stairs different from the rest of floor 2?

I'll give these suggestions a try.  

I knew why the doors show through.  I guess I should have worded differently.  Any suggestions on how to hide that in 3D view?

The only reason I can think of regarding the ceiling height over the stair is that I used the auto stairwell tool.

Thanks!