Rotating Object

capitaldesigns

I,m new to CA. Using S-7

I just completed a training video where we made a trellis patio cover. I made the column base and beams in the CAD detail management part of CA.

then saved them to the user library. Then we assembled the parts in the floor plan and elevation view. Everything came out great.

The problem I'm having is rotating the detached patio as a whole. When I select the whole patio I do not get the curved arrow edit handle that lets me rotate

the object.  I then went to the transform replicate tool at the bottom of the screen and the option to rotate is grayed out. I can pick individual parts of the patio and I will get the curved arrow edit handle that allows me to rotate that object, but I can not select the entire patio and rotate it as a whole. How do I rotate the entire patio?

I use the deck tool tweaked to make those lattice patio covers on the 2nd floor even if there isn't one, It gives you the posts and footings, deck framing for rafters automatically. If you need to rotate your deck , you need to select everything you have and use the transform/replicate tool.

I just got in and ready your replies. I closed all cameras and tried to rotate the patio. I still could not rotate it without selecting each rafter, lattice and post individually. I do not

understand why the program will not let me rotate the whole patio by selecting the entire patio at once with a marque. It will let me move it up, down and sideways, but not rotate it.

Even the transform replicate tool is grayed out.

I did find that if I make the entire patio into a block the program will allow me to rotate the entire patio at once. I played around with drawing CAD line and other shapes. The

program allowed me to rotate all of them at once without converting them into a block. Why I have to convert an entire patio into a block to rotate it is beyond me.

Perry, Your drawing your first floor lattice patios on the second floor. What is the advantage to doing that? I'm assuming you then move it down to the first floor?

I do it so I don't see the deck on the 1st floor b/c I'm using it as a lattice patio cover. Also use the deck rail -no railing tool. It's a lot faster for me so I don't have to make each item. If you use 2x2 lattice then adjust the decking to 2x2's or whatever you want. If the patio is a solid roof then I use railing walls (post to beam) and a roof. No posts at the side walls. Using the deck method,You can also adjust the patio cover height by setting the deck floor height and will automatically rebuild it until you get everything just  right.