Object Snaps Strange

tahoebrian5

I'm taking a few minutes to attempt to fully understand all the object snap options and quirks. I'm in a roof framing view and I'm trying to draw a cad line while snapping to walls. The first thing I notice is I can start a line without snapping anywhere, and then snap to a wall. But I have not been able to use a wall snap to start a line. Any wisdom to share regarding snaps?

I've tried zooming in. I don't have on object turned in because what is the point of a snap if it chooses anywhere along an object to snap? I prefer to snap to corner intersections or mid points so I know where I'm at. Ideally I would be able to snap to the middle of the "end" of a wall at a wall opening. What I was trying to do was draw a cad line centered in a wall to represent a window header. When I was navel to perform this seemingly simple task I decided it's a good time to dig in and figure out how chief likes to snap before I snap.

I don't think you can snap a line to the centre of a wall thickness.

You may not be able to snap to the center of the wall, but you can draw at the main layer and then just offset the line

You could draw your line snapping to one of the wall layers and then use the Centre Object tool and select the wall to centre on.