How To Use 3D Warehouse

vortac12

First, I want to say that this forum has been the BEST.  I have found a lot of information in here and the library of content on here is amazing.

I do have one question though.  I have seen in many posts if people have checked 3D warehouse.  I think I was able to find the website but I am not sure how to use it since the file extensions are not .CALIB or .CALIBZ.

How do I get the models to work in Home Designer Architectural? 

I download them to a file folder not within Chief and then can copy and paste them into Chief. Having them in separate folder allows me to keep a free copy of Sketch up and open and edit some models. For instance you might find a furniture group you like but only want a couch not love seat  or chair. I save as and make copies of each of the pieces separately. Then import / copy what I want into my plan.  and if you want it for further projects save into your library. Depending on what version of chief you are using you might find importing some versions of models wont import. In general download later versions of sketchup models