Changes Made In Defaults Won't Take

tahoebrian5

Well I keep trying to set all my framing defaults and when I click done, then open up defaults again many of my changes did not stay put. I'm attempting to make sure none of my layers are locked. What am I missing his time?

You guys have been great today! This would be much harder without you guys. If anyone ever needs any help with structural design issues just let me know.

• Upvote 1

Well I keep trying to set all my framing defaults and when I click done, then open up defaults again many of my changes did not stay put. I'm attempting to make sure none of my layers are locked. What am I missing his time?

You guys have been great today! This would be much harder without you guys. If anyone ever needs any help with structural design issues just let me know.

Can you be more specific as to which defaults you're changing?  And perhaps make some of the changes you've described and attach the plan. 

I am having the same  problem.  I cannot change the default post.  roof beam and floor beam sizes.

I think this is a bug,  please report it.

This is a bug in the X8 beta.  If you try to change any of the post or beam defaults through the Framing Defaults or Build Framing dialog, the changes might not stick.

This should be fixed in the next available update.

For now, the easiest way to avoid this problem is to edit the post and beam defaults directly by double-clicking on either the post or beam tool.

In the future, I would encourage you to report these kinds of issues to our technical support team.