Scale Backdrops

Dave13

How do you change the size of a backdrop. I imported a few pictures I took and want to set the backdrop to relate to the actual backyard of the house I'm working on but the trees/pictures are way to big. I tried reducing the size of the photo's in MS paint and no change except to clarity (blurry). Help! there is nothing I can find in chief help on how to do this.

Thanks

Background images are only usable from the original focal point that they were taken from. As you alter the camera viewpoint the focal point changes and the image becomes less useful. When I create custom backdrops, I calculate the point from which I take a photo and duplicate that viewpoint in the 3D model and along the same vector as it was taken, doing that will ensure the greatest amount of "reality". A backdrop or photo is a 2D image and as such is only valid from the same or similar viewpoint from which it was created.

DJP

How do you change the size of a backdrop. I imported a few pictures I took and want to set the backdrop to relate to the actual backyard of the house I'm working on but the trees/pictures are way to big. I tried reducing the size of the photo's in MS paint and no change except to clarity (blurry). Help! there is nothing I can find in chief help on how to do this.

Thanks

Instead of using the image as a backdrop, perhaps try Build>Image to create an image or billboard you can place outside your windows. Just a thought.