A Wall Outlet On An Island

Randyc

I know why this worked for Joe. If you look in his signature you see he is on X9! Sneaky..... ;)

Mike

Dang! I tried importing the symbol and I was denied because it had been created by a newer version. I figured it was because I hadn't made the jump to X8 yet...appears as if though I won't be able to open it till sometime next year I guess :)

I tried to do make the same adjustments in X7 (that I did in X8) without success.  There seems to be a fix in X8 so that the 2D CAD Block origin offsets work properly. 

In X7 I can't get the outlets to snap to the cabinet and orient perpendicular to the cabinet faces.  Evidently, this is a fix in X8 that isn't mentioned in the "What's new in X8".

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hi, does anyone know why in x10 CA removed the cabinet outlets in the library?   they dont have the horizontal duplex either.   i was able to do install it manually and create a symbol but the symbol doesnt seem to automatically place it correctly.  and it wont allow me to copy and paste. just copies it to adjacent walls instead of island..

i love c.a. but have never seen a company remove features before and go with less features... just cant figure out why they would remove cabinet outlets and the horiz duplex and make us do all that work when they already had it done.  

On 1/20/2016 at 9:46 AM, DavidJPotter said:

There is a specific 3D symbol for outlets on islands "Electrical - Outlets - Cabinet Mounted", these do not attach to a "wall" and must be manually placed and located.

DJP

just wanted to let users know that this is no longer true.  unless my x10 core library is somehow corrupted, the symbol folder no longer exists. just called CA support and she couldnt find it either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrbiggg said:

just wanted to let users know that this is no longer true.  unless my x10 core library is somehow corrupted, the symbol folder no longer exists. just called CA support and she couldnt find it either.

THE OUTLETS are now surface mounted so any outlet will attach to a cabinet or a wall. You can also rotate it in 3d for horiz.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1