A Wall Outlet On An Island

Randyc

I am struggleing with getting a wall outlet on an island in a kitchen. any help would appriciated

RC

I too would appreciate if someone could post a small plan showing an electrical outlet in an island that looks good in plan view and in 3d view.

There is a specific 3D symbol for outlets on islands "Electrical - Outlets - Cabinet Mounted", these do not attach to a "wall" and must be manually placed and located.

DJP

David,  would it be possible for you to post a small  plan with an electric outlet in the island?  If you were able to do this,  it would end 10 years of frustration.

Let me know what you think of these Scott. Took me over 2 hours to figure out how to make them so I really really hope they work for you...

Thanks Michael,  but I could not find them when imported.  Cn you  put them in small plan,  easier for me to look at them.

With X8, you can copy those to your user library and make the adjustments to the Symbol directly in the Library.

Well I promise if I figure it out,  I will post a plan with the symbol to save everybody else from having to adjust it in the library.

Mr Hall here is one I did

Appreciate the effort Randy,  see  plan for comments,  your method is workable,  but not the norm.

And I do not understand why the outlets do not "SNAP" to cabinets,  I need to rotate and futz with it.

post-50-0-10222300-1453397624_thumb.png

Go to Michael's post #7 above.  His outlets seem to work pretty good in both plan view and 3D.

Download his calibz file and then use the Import Library tool in either X7 or X8.

You should find a library called "Cabinet Outlets" in your User Catalog.

Go to Michael's post #7 above.  His outlets seem to work pretty good in both plan view and 3D.

Download his calibz file and then use the Import Library tool in either X7 or X8.

You should find a library called "Cabinet Outlets" in your User Catalog.

I agree,  thank  you Michael for your work.  They work great in most conditions with the exception of a CABINET PANEL that is not "recessed"  Need to move out manually,  but I get this is tough to program.

Thanks again Michael and thanks Dermot for telling me they show in the CABINET OUTLETS USER LIBRARY.  I had a hard time finding them.  

Case closed.

...Case closed.

Hang on one darn tootin' minute there pardner. I believe you owe me lunch. If I recall correctly (and I believe I do), you put out a challenge sometime back advertising and all expenses paid trip to sunny Saaaannnn Diegoooooo (not including airfare, lodging expenses, or any other traveling expenses) plus LUNCH with you... for better or for worse. So just slow down there with your "case closed". I'll be comin' to collect.

...... plus LUNCH with you... for better or for worse. So just slow down there with your "case closed". I'll be comin' to collect.

You know the lunch invitation is always  open to you.  It would be super to see and talk to you again.  I will see you when you are in town.  Case has been reopened.

Here's my solution:

post-47-0-16296800-1453404091_thumb.jpgpost-47-0-28061000-1453404543_thumb.jpg

I set the height at 28" in the Object dbx

I adjusted the 3D y-origin offset in the Symbol dbx

I created a new 2D CAD Block and set it's insertion point y-offset.

It snaps to the cabinet and orients correctly.  I don't know if this is better than Michael's - but if so, I'm a lot closer to Scott and he can buy me lunch ;)

Duplex Cabinet Mounted.calibz