Area Analysis In X8 Using Polyline Labels

Joe_Carrick

This video shows how Area analysis can be easily done in X8 using Polyline Labels.  Each Polyline simply needs to be on a distinctly named layer, and one of my macros being inserted in the Label.  That takes care of collecting the areas and storing them in a Global Memory Hash Table.  Secondary macros take care of displaying a variety of calculated results.

The possibilities are basically unlimited as to what calculations can be performed.  The video shows the use of 5 additional macros to calculate and display the various areas.  Once this is set up, any modifications made to the Polylines is instantly updated to the displayed Labels and calculated results.

http://screencast.com/t/HtOWWXv1

• Upvote 1

Since this system only works in X8 (and is a bit more than just one macro) I've decided not to include it as a part of the Macro a Month Club.  Some of the Club subscribers are still using X7 so I need to limit the monthly macros to those that will work in X7. 

However, I will be offering it as a stand-alone package with all the functionality shown in the video plus a few more calculation macros for just $25.  For the Macro a Month Club the package will be priced at $15 as an addition.

I need a few more days to put it all together with instructions.  You can email me joe.carrick@dslextreme.com if interested.

Joe,

That all looks great and obviously you have invested a lot of time and effort on this.

BUT, just do me one favour though before you finalise it all and package it up.

Could you please explain the meaning of HABITAL. :huh:

I am guessing you don't mean HABITUAL.

I am being a smart arse - I think you mean HABITABLE. :)

Or is HABITAL some sort of new American word that hasn't reached our shores yet?

Joe,

That all looks great and obviously you have invested a lot of time and effort on this.

BUT, just do me one favour though before you finalise it all and package it up.

Could you please explain the meaning of HABITAL. :huh:

I am guessing you don't mean HABITUAL.

I am being a smart arse - I think you mean HABITABLE. :)

Or is HABITAL some sort of new American word that hasn't reached our shores yet?

Brain freeze..... :wacko: I think I've been staring at the computer monitor to much.  ;)