fill pattern

gregchannel

Cross Hatch Patterns are based on the [0,0] origin of the Plan.  There is no "offset" for these patterns.  To do what you want, you would need to create a separate pattern for each area.

It would be nice if each filled area had a possible offset in both x & y but as of this time, Chief doesn' have that capability.

blocking the pattern will eliminate the 0.0 offset.

- blocking can change the pattern orientation, the difference in size of pattern and overall dimension is reordered when blocked.

just multi-coppy lines in both directions would be the best solution.

That's a pretty neat trick.  The question is how to get the XHatch to align with the boundary exactly where you want it.  When you block the item with the hatch, it centers in both directions but it doesn't appear to center the same in the X as in the Y direction. 

It would still be better if there was a setting in the dbx to offset both x & y independently.

Also, once blocked the hatch will expand or shrink as the object is resized.  If it's been resized such that the original x/y ratio is not the same then you can't unblock it.

10/4

when I measure out a house I first draw the perimiter - measurments obtained from county internet display, usually includ perimiter measurments - then use poly with 12" cross hatch for the inside perimiter to graf to - blocking squares it up. - perimiters are usually to the foot is why the blocking works.

It would still be better if there was a setting in the dbx to offset both x & y independently.

There is. (See material editing DBX.) However, this will do it universally for that particular material. I suppose you could create a new material for each unique surface by copying it and editing the pattern origin individually.

There is. (See material editing DBX.) However, this will do it universally for that particular material. I suppose you could create a new material for each unique surface by copying it and editing the pattern origin individually.

I guess I should have specified - per instance.  IOW, offset the fill pattern in this particular object (xoffset, yoffset)