Plan Started In X7, Migrating To X8 Mid Development...anyone See Issues With This?

zowie123

Hi, I'm having a friend who recently purchased X8 finish this layout started in X7.  

He never owned X7 and I guess they sell you X8 if you're a recent buyer. 

I would upgrade to X8 and we would continue this ball of wax in X8.

I'm just wondering if anyone has migrated a large plan/layout from X7 to X8?

Have you found any issues?

Thank you,

Barry

I found some of my concrete deck piers (footings) moved down and had to be reset based on the new level settings.

Please report any problems like this to our tech support team.  Please be sure and include the original X7 plan so that we can confirm that the problem is happening when it is brought into X8.  If we can duplicate the problem, then there is a good chance we will be able to get a fix into an update.

I have had nothing major occur but I also just do projects in either X7 or X8 without mixing them, mainly due to the lack of a "Client Viewer" which is now no longer a problem. Projects I am doing for X7 users, I of course would not mix up due to compatibility issues. Generally I would agree that X8 is very smooth if a little slow compared to X7 (I may need a computer upgrade, though I am not sure). The visualization of the LIbrary Browser seems the slowest (very annoying).

DJP

Odd that a public Beta would be sold to consumers before its official release, no?

Anyway I've had a couple minor issues with the latest public X8 Beta but no show stoppers and am doing all new plans in X8 public Beta.

Yes, I thought so too, but that was indeed the case.