Crawl Space To Show Sloped Terrain For Floor Possible?

tahoebrian5

Im working on a three story on a sloping lot. The lower floor is similar to a day light basement. The back half of the building footprint is crawl space with no floor (just sloping dirt). I would like the bottom of the crawl space room to have the sloping terrain as the "floor" so it shows correctly in section cuts. Is this possible? I've created an "open to below" type room but where there should be terrain I'm just seeing a hole.

Ok, I did figure out how to do this.. a bit more digging before I post next time!

One more question since I started this. Take a look at the attached section. Why is the grade line not displaying properly (pieces missing) ? Is this just a case of grade lines in section views need to be cleaned up manually or is there a way to fix this?

Section.pdf

and another question to add.. Im trying to use a Flat Region in the terrain tools. After I place the region and then select and open the dbx, there is no where to set the height. What am i missing?

You are using the wrong tool.

You need to be using a Terrain Feature for which you can specify a height. 

Thank you, that did it. Hard to imagine a use for a flatten tool without an elevation control.

The terrain modifiers are just that - you really don't have a lot of control - I don't think I have ever used them.

The terrain features are the ones to use if you want control.