Material Edit

djhplanning

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

I want to have tongue and groove paneling on the walls and ceilings in a room.  I want to have the wall run in a vertical direction, which is no problem.  When applied to the ceiling, the paneling wants to run paralell with the rafters.  I want the paneling to run perpendicular to the rafters.  How is this achieved???  Do I need to make a new material with pattern rotated 90 degrees???  Isn't there an easier way to just rotate the ceiling material and not the walls?

post-9181-0-94217600-1452973861_thumb.jpg

post-9181-0-13438000-1452973871_thumb.jpg

I've never found a way.  I always make a new material.  The fastest way I've found to do so is this...

Locate the material by FIRST using the material eyedropper, THEN clicking on the Material Painter. The material you previously selected will automatically be highlighted. You can then easily make a copy or add it to library (depending on your preferred method).

Spent the whole day trying to get better at creating materials. Rather than start a new thread I'll ask here, hope you don't mind Dan. 

I did as Michael said but when I create a new matl after using the eye dropper and selecting a T&G color, how do I get the texture since it takes me to my own hard hard drive file where I need to have a T&G texture stored?. If I try and navigate to CA zip files I cannot since CA is looking for PIC files? 

post-5962-0-73023600-1452984790_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-59624700-1452984815_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Here you go.  You may need to navigate to the bottom right corner to create a full screen view of the video.  And please note that I simply created a copy in the plan but you can also add the material to your library if you wish for use in future plans.  You simply need to click Add To Library in the Select Material DBX before clicking OK.

http://screencast.com/t/pjCZkpteee

• 2 years later...