Window And Door Label Change

myrtsbnye

The window and door labels show the feet and inches of the window or door size...example a window labeled as 5042SH is 5'-0" x 4'-2" single hung. Problem here is most window manufacturers and contractors in my area read label as 50"x 42" single hung. How can I change the label so that it lists the sizes in total inches instead of feet and inches? So this window would be labeled 6050SH instead of 5042SH.

If CA is listening, this would be a great place for superscript annotation where feet are normal characters and inches are superscript characters.  

IOW, a 36" x 54" SH window would be label 3046SH as the automatic label but the 0 & 6 would be superscript characters.  I've seen several cases where the size was misinterpreted. 

OTOH, I use a Window Schedule with Callouts for my Labels.  It's much easier to specify the sizes that way.

Thanks everyone, the contractor using the drawings to do up a quote was a little upset with me saying he now had to resubmit the window and door sizes to the manufacturer for a requote and how it would set him back a few days. I then asked him if he seriously thought the doors that were labeled 2668 were really 26" x 68" and not the industry standard 2'-6" x 6'-8". He then complained about the window sizes that show the width at 50, which he took as 50". I then asked him to look at the dimension less than 1/2" above the label which showed the window was 5' wide. Anyway, I am now manually changing the labels and will do a window schedule.

Your builder is wrong on so many levels.  I love the logic you used with him to point out that he is not paying attention to the plan.  He obviously just took your schedule and sent it to the manufacturer.  Most good builders do their own window and door counts and don't rely on the schedule.