X8 Beta "undefined Materials" Warning In User Lib

jcaffee

Really?  This is not only annoying, but totally worthless as a tool to resolve issues.  How about a temp folder in the User Lib with links to the problem symbols.  In my case, I'm looking at manually searching through thousands of symbols to get rid of this nag pop-up.

jon

post-52-0-89834100-1452794604_thumb.png

Sorry Jon,

I misunderstood the problem.  You're saying that you get this message when you open the Library?  I thought such a message was only on a per plan basis.  You should contact CA SSA and report this problem directly.  I haven't seen it on any of my systems but it's probably due to a Texture/Material Folder location.  It could be fairly easy to resolve just by correcting the path.

I have observed that certain User Libraries, especially those brought forward from earlier versions like V9, V10, X1 etc often loose their association with their texture files. Repairing such library files just takes too long and I have ended up just deleting them form the Library Browser (a material library that contains no texture files is completely useless and too time consuming to reassociate texture files, one at a time). It is a weak point in terms of moving forward, version to version.

DJP

Sorry Jon,

...It could be fairly easy to resolve just by correcting the path.

Agreed, but the issue is finding the offending symbol(s).  Needle-in-a-haystack situation.  The warning message is utterly valueless towards a timely resolution.

jon