Layout Page Numbering Bug?

HumbleChief

I number my pages like Perry and so have had zero problems. That is not to say that what you are doing should be abandoned but perhaps you should abandon something that obviously does not work as opposed to a method that does work, There is no reason to just place a "#" without a letter and that should work reliably. Why one would disorder one's pages from the default is beyond me when you can reorder the material, page to page as it is.

DJP

Thanks for the replies but the problem has nothing to do with the solutions presented.

I number my pages like Perry and so have had zero problems. That is not to say that what you are doing should be abandoned but perhaps you should abandon something that obviously does not work as opposed to a method that does work, There is no reason to just place a "#" without a letter and that should work reliably. Why one would disorder one's pages from the default is beyond me when you can reorder the material, page to page as it is.

DJP

Thanks David but the problem is a bug and can be replicated no matter how you number/letter your pages.

No matter how you number/letter your pages the number in the Layout page number box at the top of the page shouldn't change when editing a different page.

Just look at the first scene in the video. There should be no way that the page number in the Layout number box (11) is different than the page you are actually on (6 - or A6 or whatever). One can use any type of numbering/lettering scheme they choose, the bug remains as confirmed by tech support..

Out of curiosity, did you try the scenario presented in the video? Start on any page and that page 'number' will appear in the Layout number box (no matter how you number letter your pages) now edit a different page in the project browser. The page number now changes to the edited page not the page it should remain on. Again no matter what number/letter scheme you choose.

Larry, try to replace the macro on page "0" maybe they change it somewhat. I have found in the past that sometimes they have changed the macro.

Tried it Perry. Makes no difference which macro or even if you have a macro. The page number changes when it shouldn't. Awesome if works OK on your system but can't see how that can be following the steps I outlined.

it appears it is showing the page number of the sheet you are editing,when you use the arrows after this it changes to the next higher or lower than the page displayed which is correct. Why it is displaying the number of the page being displayed is odd, I had not noticed it but then do not tend to use the project browser much anyway.

it appears it is showing the page number of the sheet you are editing,when you use the arrows after this it changes to the next higher or lower than the page displayed which is correct. Why it is displaying the number of the page being displayed is odd, I had not noticed it but then do not tend to use the project browser much anyway.

Yeah Graeme that bit of 'odd' is the problem. Not insurmountable but just a heads up for other users.