Naming Wall Types

Dennis_Gavin

yes, i think same problem i'm seeing??  I can copy a new wall and make changes, but I can't rename it no matter what I do.  But i can still function with the wall, just can't rename it.  i just sent a support request in on that and another item I found.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This bug should have been fixed as soon as it was discovered IMO, which is now quite some time. It kills new wall type names which is crucial in almost any custom wall set-up.

I also just did a presentation showing off CA to a kitchen design firm that I want to adopt Chief so we can work together more seamlessly. They bought Chief, with this bug, and can't create custom wall definitions. Not good. Needs fixing now.

yes, i think same problem i'm seeing??  I can copy a new wall and make changes, but I can't rename it no matter what I do.  But i can still function with the wall, just can't rename it.  i just sent a support request in on that and another item I found.

Thanks Ben IO thought it was only me

Ben

what is the visual bug I have not seen it anywhere.

Graeme, for me it occurs when using openings that butts up against a 90 degree wall and it doesn't draw the line where they meet, and produces artifact lines in elevations as well.  I haven't seen it discussed on this forum, so perhaps it is the way I work, but I have reported it to Chief.  It shows up in new plans and plans brought forward from X7 and before that didn't show the problem.  I sure hope they fix it in the next update.  In attached screen shot, i've circled where lines aren't being produced, it's leaving it blank or white where the opening is meeting the adjacent wall.  If i pull it back an inch, the line will show up.

post-71-0-32486700-1454691059_thumb.jpg