Help Me With What I Might Be Doing Wrong.

Korel_Design

Hello Everybody,

I've started my first full construction drawing in CA X7 and for the life of me, I can't figure how to resolve a few glitches.

This plan is drawn with the intent to to build on a concrete slab foundation as we commonly do in the south.

I have included screen shots in the post along with the plan backed up in a zip file.

First, there is an additional slab foundation ledge around the Garage area.

On the front porch there are these strange recesses in the concrete porch.

Protruding trough the wall on the front porch are these slab pieces.

On the rear roof slope is a strange slab protruding.

I know these are pretty easy for somebody who is a veteran Chief operator. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am a fast learner and I hope to be doing all of my plans in Chief very soon. In the past all I did was use CA to create models and if I had a glitch like these, I just fixed them in PS.

Thank you for your help. Let me know what I need to do to fix each problem area.

CA X7 Plan needs work on glitches.zip

post-8999-0-12112700-1452738780_thumb.jpg

post-8999-0-52389500-1452738787_thumb.jpg

post-8999-0-23888500-1452738805_thumb.jpg

post-8999-0-26780500-1452738814_thumb.jpg

post-8999-0-92293300-1452738822_thumb.jpg

post-8999-0-03713800-1452738838_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

the random chunks sticking out of the roof and just below it are automatically generated attic walls.  I deal with them by clicking on them, which brings up their active layers, and simply turning them off, but I am kind of an amateur as well.  Not sure why your concrete slab is a tripping hazard.  I think the house looks fantastic, great curb appeal.

Not sure if you post of "I think I got it" referred to the problem or the uploading of the images.  

Thanks CAARide,

I did figure out the random parts on the roof. I did just as you suggested. 

I am still wrestling with the Monolithic Slabs and I have a couple of CA Consultants trying to figure this out too. I did manage to draw a Foundation using Slab Tools only I can only cut a hole in a slab but not outline a space and recess that space into the slab. Work around is to go ahead and cut a hole and then fill that hole with a thinner piece of slab. 

Yes, the "I think I got it" referred to uploading images and not my drawing issue.

For the past five years I used CA to only do 3D models and I would doctor any issues in PS. Now is the time to start drawing CDs in CA.

Thank you so very much for the compliments.

Jerry K.

Jerry

I couldn't get my files to upload either.  But I've been having serious computer issues all week.  Going to try and figure that step out when I'm not sleep deprived from sick kiddos!

Glad you have a team working on it.

Best of Luck

Andy, There is no brick ledge on your drawing but I see them on the Floor Camera View. Is there a way to show the Brick Ledge on the Floor Plan View so when I "Send To Layout" they appear? Even if I have to add the Brick Ledge with CAD lines?

Thank you so very much,

Jerry

Hello Jerry,

I had some time this morning to take a look at your plan, and I think I found the issues driving you crazy. But since I use X8, and you can't open X8 files with your X7 (thanks a lot CA) I thought it best to just show you the steps I took to fix it --- via VIDEO..!

post-637-0-00545500-1455902602_thumb.jpg

Thanks David. I love your videos. You have a way of keeping me tuned in.

After you fixed the foundation around the Garage, take a close look at the corner of the Bedroom on the right where the stone/brick sits on the foundation. The foundation is recessed into the house. We do not use the faux "Lick'n Stick" type stone or brick here in Texas. The masonry sits on a 5 1/2" brick ledge. I have been having a problem getting the foundation edge aligned with the outside of the brick but for what ever reason, the footing protrudes around the Garage when I have it correct around the house. Also, on plan view floor 0 the Brick Ledge doesn't show up. I can use the Floor Camera and I see the Brick Ledge but when I "Send To Layout" there is no Brick Ledge.

Thank you so very much for your assistance.

BTW, I am using X8 beta right now. I need to update my signature. But I would rather listen to how you worked on the plan in a video.

Jerry K.