Walk Through Pantry Cabinet

Paramount

I have this situation how do I create this with a full length cabinet and modify in the DBX somehow? Mine is 48" wide with room for growth. I was thinking of adding side shelves to the right and left as you walk through the cabinet to the pantry where I was thinking of an arched doorway but I'm not sure what is best. My fridge in right next door just like the pic. I'm open to suggestions. This first kitchen design (I been studying the cabinet DBX but not that good at it yet) is kicking my rear so if you can explain in detail I'd appreciate it :)

Also is there a way to open and close the doors when I am demo'ing to clients? 

post-5962-0-38151900-1452723271_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-14828500-1452723292_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-55481100-1452723302_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-20840900-1452723967_thumb.jpg

For the door, you could create a very shallow depth cabinet.  I don't know about showing it open though.  Maybe you could use the delete surface tool (its the one that looks like an S with an X through it).  You can then hit it again to make the material come back.

Think differently (innovate)

A.  Top Cabinet is Wall Cabinet

B.  Shelving on sides are Open Front Cabinets rotated 90 degrees

C.  Add Freestanding Doors

I show it exploded in the pic.

btw, This is basically the way it would be built if ordered from any of the cabinet manufacturers.  It's just 2 tall cabinets with shelves(no doors), one 24" deep wall cabinet with doors, and a couple of separate doors.  Depending on the hinging you might need some additional jamb strips for the tall doors.  That's a detail for the cabinet supplier to deal with.

post-47-0-12933800-1452725058_thumb.jpg

Get thee to the beta- done as a single cabinet- make the front as needed, no toe, delete bottom separation, lower section opening with no shelves. Make back match front- I then changed to a custom back and made the top door section blank area.

Place and set one set of doors- assign to a new layer-doors closed. Copy doors and rotate to suit- place on new layer door open.

For the shelves I increased the left stile and added a shallow cabinet using point to point to get it in there. NOTE I would make absolutely sure how the hinges were going to work if I wanted to do that. Some brands won't do it at all, others may do it in a way that is unsatisfactory- I haven't sorted it yet but personally don't see it.

You need to have X8 beta to open the plan file

post-85-0-08874600-1452728523_thumb.png

Get thee to the beta- done as a single cabinet- make the front as needed, no toe, delete bottom separation, lower section opening with no shelves. Make back match front- I then changed to a custom back and made the top door section blank area.

Place and set one set of doors- assign to a new layer-doors closed. Copy doors and rotate to suit- place on new layer door open.

For the shelves I increased the left stile and added a shallow cabinet using point to point to get it in there. NOTE I would make absolutely sure how the hinges were going to work if I wanted to do that. Some brands won't do it at all, others may do it in a way that is unsatisfactory- I haven't sorted it yet but personally don't see it.

You need to have X8 beta to open the plan file

I'm excited to start using X8.  I'll probably wait till the public release so I don't have to deal with any little quirks that might need working out,  but some of the new features were items straight from the top of my wish list...especially with regard to cabinetry such as the option to customize back and sides.  For me that's huge. 

Think differently (innovate)

A.  Top Cabinet is Wall Cabinet

B.  Shelving on sides are Open Front Cabinets rotated 90 degrees

C.  Add Freestanding Doors

I show it exploded in the pic.

btw, This is basically the way it would be built if ordered from any of the cabinet manufacturers.  It's just 2 tall cabinets with shelves(no doors), one 24" deep wall cabinet with doors, and a couple of separate doors.  Depending on the hinging you might need some additional jamb strips for the tall doors.  That's a detail for the cabinet supplier to deal with.

Joe or anyone available, I tried to do what you said but I'm not sure it is looking right. I tried to get some profiled raised panel stand alone doors out of library but CA wanted a cabinet and there was no hardware attached so I tried a shallow cabinet like Tom suggested. Could not find any in the catalogs but I'm thinking this a custom job I can get built as you described. I did not understand Mark and if there is a better way in X7?

Plan attached. Thanks! 

Edit: Never mind think I have something that looks good enough for now. 

can do it in X7- only difference is the back of the cabinet will look the same as the front-attached plan

Raised panel double door -I think you have to make one.

Hardware place loose.

Here is one way- shelving is held back -one way to get hinging done from a cabinet company.

Shows all the doors, turn off layers as needed.

Thanks Mark, I got it to work using Tom's shallow 1" cabinet too as a door hardware attached. If only CA had a way to open and close doors in the DBX? So I put it on it's own layer to remove it.  Turned out pretty sweet! 

How do I turn up the brightness of my standard full camera views? Also, why is a floor camera view not showing stuff with the same camera set applied as the full camera? See attached. 

post-5962-0-47051400-1452869104_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-60085300-1452869221_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-98317300-1452869246_thumb.jpg