ericepv

I went ahead and got a 3D Connexion Space Mouse but not getting any response in Chief.  I have tried it with Sketchup and with the various training apps that it comes with and it's working fine.  Am I missing something simple?  How do I get it to function in Chief?

Are there any configuration settings in X8 that you have to set up to use a 3DConnexion device?

Pete

Actually there is one setting you can control in X8.

Check the "Render" settings in Preferences.  

I find the "Rotate about Camera Focal Point" to

be more like the behavior of Chief's Mouse-Orbit

Camera tool.

post-126-0-28314900-1453264499_thumb.png

.... Problem is finding it. Since it is a rare item for graphics people I'm told by best buy it has to be ordered. 

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacemouse/spacemousewireless.html

Look them up on Amazon. They have them in stock

and a lot cheaper than the Best Buy prices you cited.

Wired - $ 93

Wireless - $ 121

Free Shipping included.

they are mainly navigation, and work very well. You do not need to unhook the normal mouse, the two play very nicely together. I am left handed, while all ways use mouse right handed, leaving my dominate hand free to dominate keyboard, and now quick navigation with l

eft hand while clicking and drawing right handed at same time, is just great......

I would recommend learning to use the 3D mouse with the none mouse hand.......

The 3D connexion mouse has been a game changer for navigating camera views.  Takes a little getting used to, but is far better than trying to navigate through a building with the mouse.  The unit is very well built, has the ability to adjust sensitivity / speed, and works along with your normal mouse.  

Also can be helpful in plan view for zooming in and out and panning across a plan.  For me it has sped up moving around in the plan view when I copy / paste items or when CAD drafting.  No more of the scroll out and scroll back in to change locations in a plan view.

Mines on the way from Amazon, $120 plus around $12 in tax and if you sign up for free Amazon Prime 30 day trial free 2-day shipping. Picked up a new Alienware gaming labtop too downloaded X8 on it. I'm ready to rock!! Now if I just knew how to run CA better I be all set :) I barely know X7 and I'm signing up to beta test 8, go figure? I want the 3D video tour for a home show coming up in a couple weeks. My Ray Traces needed too will be lighting fast now or should. CA suggested I do all work in 7 then copy over to 8 and when it is stable run 8. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone have in recent issues with their mouse? Mine was working fine until the last Win 10 update and now it does nothing. I have changed nothing in CA or the Mouse settings. Just booted and started X9 and nothing. Thought I would check with you all before I reinstall the drivers.

Thanks,

• 3 months later...