Lisa,

You would be better of just defining "frameless" cabinets within Chief's cabinete dbx and saving them in your user library.  That's the only way you will get all the editing capabilities that Chief's Cabinet dbx provides.  IOW, you will be able to specify doors, drawers, openings, finishes, shelves, etc.

Any IKEA cabinet symbols imported into Chief would not be parametrically editable and you wouldn't be able to change door styles, etc.

OTOH, if there was a Library of IKEA cabinet doors and drawer fronts - you could simply use Chief's Cabinets (frameless) and apply those door and drawer symbols.  Setting that up in a Plan Template would be quite usefull.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! I am sorry for stupid question - I am using thi program only second day  :huh: Is this library could be imported into "Home Designer Interiors 2014" ?

I see this mistake: non of the items from the imported libraries could be read by the version. 

I am looking forward to your advice

probably not,

HD Interiors has very limited capability in all aspects

in relation to Chief Premier

also this library is probably in X6 format which is newer than Interiors 2014

while HD users can benefit from this forum, especially HD PRO users

you will find that the better forum for most HD products is the Hometalk forum

Lew

probably not,

HD Interiors has very limited capability in all aspects

in relation to Chief Premier

also this library is probably in X6 format which is newer than Interiors 2014

while HD users can benefit from this forum, especially HD PRO users

you will find that the better forum for most HD products is the Hometalk forum

Lew

Thank you so much!

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance you can update your Ikea Lib. download ?  maybe just me but each time I goto MediaFire the webpage locks up , perhaps you can split it so you can post here ? ( 10mb limit)

Thanks  Brink.

M. 

Any chance you can update your Ikea Lib. download ?  maybe just me but each time I goto MediaFire the webpage locks up , perhaps you can split it so you can post here ? ( 10mb limit)

Thanks  Brink.

M. 

Actually, it may be time for me to revisit this. Clean it up a bit, maybe add new pieces. I've learned a lot since this was originally posted!

Thanks for the suggestion, and keep an eye out for an update in the coming weeks/month.

In the meantime, maybe try the link on a different computer or browser. MediaFire has never locked up for me. Hope that helps!

• 9 years later...

I have Home Designer Suite 2019 - but I get a message and when I try to intall that says the import was successfull - 0 items were installed.   Duplicate or non-compatible items will not be installed.   I did check, but nothing installed in the Bonus or in My catalogs