Open Beamed Roof

capitaldesigns

I'm new to CA. I'm using version S7.

I'm trying to design a guest house with an open beamed ceiling.

I know how to change the rafter sizes and spacing. I have unchecked

the box to build a ceiling over this room.

I then built the roof plane then built the roof framing. What I'm missing

is the roof blocking over the exterior walls. I looked at the build framing

window and see that under 1st floor and roof the pick box for adding

blocking is checked. I check to see if all the framing layer are turned on,

they are. How do I get the roof blocking to show on the plan?

Two other things. How do I add a layer of 1x6 T&G under the P.W. roof sheathing? 

How do I remove the gyp.bd. from the underside of the rafters?

Thank You,

Mike

Mike:

How will your roof actually be constructed?  Specifically, how will it be insulated?  Are you planning to use SIP panels on the roof or layered rigid foam?  Knowing this will help provide a better answer.  Posting your plan will help us better understand where you are with your model construction.

This rec. room is in Southern California. The owner does not want to make this a conditioned space so we will not be adding insulation to the roof.

It would be good to know how to show the ridged insulation in the model for future projects. I am going to watch the video you send me in a few minutes.

Before posting this question I tried to find a video clip on exposed beam ceiling in the on-line training section of CA website. I could find nothing under my

searches. It seams like you better know what CA title the video if you want to find it. I found nothing under the search of exposed beam ceiling, exposed rafters,

beamed ceiling. Thank you for sending me the link. I would not of came up with that title.

The first search I tried was with one of the terms you cited, which didn't work.  Sometimes you just need to plug in anything that comes to mind and sooner or later, if you are lucky, you'll find something that gets you a video that has something useful.  Don't forget to do a search for your topic on this forum as it has been discussed many times previously.