Window Library?

Riemie

Is there any advantage to using any of the Mfg. libraries for windows?  I downloaded the Pella, as we do use them.  The only benefit I see is being able, for example, to show the difference between a double hung and cottage sash, and select the colors.

Thanks,

Bob

I find making my own windows with the proper r.o. to what they are, adding the manufacture callout  in labels and then they under the components putting in the manuf the best way then I add it to my lib. under that manuf. for future use, there I can have dh, casement, awning, doors under seperate folders for future use, I wish the components was in where the defaults were so that once you setup your defaults whatever window you changed always had the manuf attached with it

I just did my first window schedule and could not find quad casements. I used craftsman lites and I had to put in four vertical to get the muntins to be in the upper third of the window which made that number confusing in the schedule. I'm not sure any of those issues would be solved had I used a mfg catalog window but, it sure be nice if there was a way to auto-populate the mfg, shgc, u-value, and other mfg data into the components description and comments that show in the schedule.