Recent X7, Having A Very Basic Issue

Buildgoodwin

I have been using CA since 7.0.  I upgraded to X7 yesterday from X2.  I went through and setup my templates for my preferred new plan and new layout.  Now, I open a new plan, use a straight exterior wall, draw 4 connected walls and what happens next it nothing.  I cannot auto-dimension, I cannot add a window nor a door to one of the walls I just drew, nor can I select the room to open it.  When I try to auto-dimension i receive the message post-6975-0-46611000-1452112071_thumb.png...."No automatic dimensions were generated.  Make sure that there are proper room definitions and try again."

Very frustrating none the less.  Could someone please point me in the direction of what I may have setup incorrectly or am doing incorrectly.

Thanks,

Adam

Attach a plan for a better answer, but I would guess that your default walls are set to "No Room Definition" for some reason. 

All walls selected and opened, no room definition not selected when opened. 

Attached is the plan file so you can have a peek at my settings.

Thanks, so much,

Adam

post-6975-0-25090500-1452167357_thumb.jpg

Issue.plan

I am not sure what is going on with your plan. Did you bring this forward from X2? There is something wonky with the room definitions and I am not sure how to fix it. Even when I paste your walls into a working plan file I am getting your problem.

To start with, I would grab a template file from your X7 directory and start with that as your base. If this is what you already did than try opening my file and see if it works. You will still need to clean some stuff but it is s starting place. Be sure to look at the annotation sets as this is the big change from X2 that should make your life a lot easier.

post-170-0-14640300-1452180370_thumb.jpg

X7 Plan 2a.zip

I am not sure what is going on with your plan. Did you bring this forward from X2? There is something wonky with the room definitions and I am not sure how to fix it. Even when I paste your walls into a working plan file I am getting your problem.

To start with, I would grab a template file from your X7 directory and start with that as your base. If this is what you already did than try opening my file and see if it works. You will still need to clean some stuff but it is s starting place. Be sure to look at the annotation sets as this is the big change from X2 that should make your life a lot easier.

I had simply clicked on new plan and started making my adjustments, saved it and set as my template.  I had brought my layout forward from X2, but have not noticed any issues from that yet.

Adam