Mac/pc Not Compatible..we're Finding That Plan/layouts Are All Wonky When....

zowie123

Hi,

....When we start a plan/layout in PC, then send to Mac, then back to PC, every window on the layout shifts outside the layout window frame and off the page.  The attached is what the elevation sheet looks like when it's sent back from the Mac version.  It was started in PC.  My partner, call him layout guy, opens the files on a Mac version, edits and sends the plan/layout back to me.  When I open it on the pc, all the windows on each page edited are off-set from the original layout window frame and the window frame is off the page.  

Also files saved in plan are not showing up.  

Anyone else getting this result?  We've replicated it on every plan we've transported between PC, Mac and back to PC

Thanks mucho,

Barry

post-933-0-76796300-1452107250_thumb.jpg

"Also files saved in plan are not showing up."

I think something is wrong with your process.  It sounds like you and your partner are not actually looking at the same files.  I would recommend that you use the "Backup Entire Plan" tool to make sure you both have all of the needed files on both machines.

Assuming that you are looking at the same files, then there should not be any major differences between a windows and mac machine.  The only thing that I know of that might be different has to do with text fonts which can be slightly different between machines.

If all else fails, you should probably contact technical support.