How To Add Dimensions To Wall Detail

Don_Straub_Const

Saying that software "did not allow" is kind of a cop out (you order and control the software, not the other way round). Did you try the dimension tool that creates its own dimension points? Dimensions in a wall detail have nothing to do with dimensions in plan or elevation view. In Default Settings - Dimensions you can control their font and size but in terms of where they go is up to you.

DJP

Thank you I got it. So I have not figured out the controls, Micheal's solution did nor solve it. I tried all the dimension tools and even though the snap targets appear there are no dimensions. I have looked through all the layers and settings to see. I have not yet found a solution. looking for guidance here,

David in looking through your signature bar it would appear you might have a solution or at least know a way to have the software bend to my will. What is it you suggest? A step by step procedure would be great. I did try the point to point dimension tool and no results.

:wacko:

Don,

Do you have the Wall Detail layer set displayed? As well as 1/4 Scale Annotations? And be sure that Dimensions, Manual is set to display (within the Wall Detail Set). See if this helps.

Btw, I used the End to End dimension tool to place the dimensions in this detail, but the other dimension tools work as well.

post-571-0-88421000-1452051421_thumb.jpg

Mickey, I do have both conditions in place. not sure what changed but the point to point now works but the rest still do not when I go to automatic dimensions everything is grayed out how would I upload the file here? export it? Or is there another way for someone to give it a gander?  

Thank you

To upload your plan, first close your plan. Then hit the More Reply Options at the bottom of this thread. Then hit the Browse... button and go to where you have saved the plan and select it. Once you have selected it, it will appear next to the Browse... button. Hit the Attach This File button, and then Post. If it is a large file, you may want to Zip first.