Garage Stem Wall

builtright3

Go to solution Solved by Kenoeightspot,

I set my garage floor at a -18" and my garage stem wall height is set for 6". So I was expecting my garage top of stem wall to be lover than the raised foundation top of stem wall. It doesn't seem to matter what I do both stem walls from the garage and the raised foundations are always in line with each other.

Anyone know why this is happening?

post-2478-0-06194500-1451880908_thumb.png

I can tell from your posted image that your stated settings are not being complied with, so other settings are in arguement with what you want to achieve. Carefully check all relevant settings including those default settings that would directly effect your outcome.

DJP

Thanks for this thread. I am in the middle of the same thing, and need direction too.

There are several places to adjust the stem; room, wall, default and DBXs ,that seem to overlap.

I finally zoomed in and changed the garage stem over and over until it was where I wanted it,

and then dragged footings to same level as main floor.

Most problems were where where there are common walls, between garage and house,

and between house and stoop,

Things seem to change on their own at times.

Interesting

post-138-0-49503600-1452017009_thumb.jpg

You've been around a while Joey, I'm sure you know that attaching the plan will get you a quicker and more accurate answer.  In the meantime, just drag the walls down in an elevation view. 

Posting the plan in this case would not help. I just need someone to tell me how to adjust the top of my garage stem wall down without moving the living space stem wall with it?

• Solution

Control you garage floor from the Room DBX. My Living area floor is at 0",ceiling at 100". Garage ceiling is set to 100" ,floor at -18" and stem wall at 6" above garage floor. My living area floor system is 12 5/8". This is what you get with those spec's.

post-51-0-52630700-1452294495_thumb.png

Posting the plan in this case would not help...

I think there's a reason you don't have an answer yet.  There are a ton of variables.  Are your settings actually what you say they are or is it possible you made a mistake?  What are your room defintions?  What are your foundation settings?  What are your garage room settings?  Do you have auto foundations turned on?  Does your garage room have a floor or is the floor provided by room below?  What are your absolute floor elevations?  The list could go on.

There are just a ton of variables.

This was done very quickly.  All automatically and with automatic foundations turned on, so it can be done.  We would just need to see your plan to see what you're doing wrong...

post-46-0-37150900-1452367788_thumb.png

Control you garage floor from the Room DBX. My Living area floor is at 0",ceiling at 100". Garage ceiling is set to 100" ,floor at -18" and stem wall at 6" above garage floor. My living area floor system is 12 5/8". This is what you get with those spec's.

Thank You William!!

That was exactly what I was looking for. Easy Fix!

Sending your DBX setting along with your picture is what pointed me in the right direction.

post-2478-0-81419200-1452374196_thumb.png

Thank You William!!

That was exactly what I was looking for. Easy Fix!

Sending your DBX setting along with your picture is what pointed me in the right direction.

It's great that William was able to point you in the right direction.  Care to share what you were doing wrong so others might learn from it? 

On a side note, a plan would have been better, but perhaps if YOU had attached at least a screenshot of YOUR dbx settings that would have helped us help you.  Just a thought.  It took you 4 or 5 days to get your issue figured out and I can almost guarantee it would have been solved within an hour or 2 with a plan. 

It's great that William was able to point you in the right direction.  Care to share what you were doing wrong so others might learn from it? 

On a side note, a plan would have been better, but perhaps if YOU had attached at least a screenshot of YOUR dbx settings that would have helped us help you.  Just a thought.  It took you 4 or 5 days to get your issue figured out and I can almost guarantee it would have been solved within an hour or 2 with a plan. 

Apparently the default goes to matching the garage stem wall top to the top of the living space stem wall and ignores the setting for the garage stem walls that is set at 6" above top of garage floor to top of stem wall. So I just set the "Stem Wall Top ©" where I needed it in the dbx and it fixed my problem.

How ever, it would be nice if the default followed 6" above the garage floor so I wouldn't have to change it every time I rebuild or build a garage foundation.