missing living area on floor 0

RL-inc

I have a plan that has a daylight  basement area on a sloping lot.

a very small portion of this will be living space- bed and bath.

normally I can just specify that those rooms are included in the living area calculation and the crawlspace areas are not.

however once in a great while - as in this case- there is no living area shown.

the rooms can be selected and opened individually- show names and sizes and even offer whether or not to include or exclude from living area calculations.

I have tried all the usual steps- turn off and on in plan defaults- plan check- restart CA.

in floor defaults I am not offered the option to calculate living area to main layer or surface either.

is this a CA bug or more than likely the reoccurring -RL Inc. bug :blink:

If you manually delete the living area by selecting it and then hitting delete, it can be tricky to get it back.  What I do is open the plan defaults, turn off the living area label, click ok.  I then open it back up and turn on the living area and it usually brings it back.

If this doesn't fix your problem, then you should either post your plan or contact tech support.

• Upvote 1

for some reason known only to CA

cause it sure doesn't make sense .....

if you run plan check under MENU - TOOLS

it reactivates the "living space" calc if you have it selected in plan defaults

this is so NON user-friendly it boggles the mind :(

Lew

If you manually delete the living area by selecting it and then hitting delete, it can be tricky to get it back.  What I do is open the plan defaults, turn off the living area label, click ok.  I then open it back up and turn on the living area and it usually brings it back.

If this doesn't fix your problem, then you should either post your plan or contact tech support.

Running the 'Plan Check' Tool will restore manually deleted living areas. Just open/then close the Plan Check dbx. No muss, no fuss...