How To Un-Hatch?

AlexAncon

Go to solution Solved by DRAWZILLA,

Another thing that can be handy when working with Hatches is to have the Hatch tool active and group select all of the walls you wish to either change the hatch fill style on or delete all in one process.  It should not be necessary to tab to the Hatch when using this method.

Thank tech support for this tip.

It can be handy to place the Hatch tool icon on your toolbar if you think you might need it fairly often.  I put mine at the end of the line of Wall tools.  This way you can see that the Hatch tool is active, and just to be safe, check the status bar at the bottom of the screen as Perry mentioned.

So that objects placed inside walls "Framing Hardware" can be seen in Wall Framing Plan View. This requires that the fill style be none or the symbols are obscured by the fill.

I don't like the way the Hatch tool works, but it is the only option that I know of that allows for various types of fill styles placed on separate layers for display purposes and that allows for symbols to show inside the wall's main layer.

So that objects placed inside walls "Framing Hardware" can be seen in Wall Framing Plan View. This requires that the fill style be none or the symbols are obscured by the fill.

Rod,

Did you know that you can specify a hatch pattern assigned to a wall layer to be transparent?  

Yes, that is the point. It has to be none, or transparent for the symbol to show if it is placed into the wall. What I would really like is to be able to have an option on the Hatch tool that would place the hatch only on the main layer of the wall.

The problem is that what ever the fill style is that is assigned in the Wall Definition, that is what shows in all Layout views unless a hatch pattern is assigned to a visible layer.

It would be nice to be able to have a bit more control over the Wall Definition's fill style per view. Another way to deal with this situation would be for Walls and Symbols to have control of display order.