Video Capture

Paramount

I'm shopping for this capability and have read some use Snagit and/or Camtasia. https://www.techsmith.com/products.html

Snagit cost ~ $50 USD, Camtasia ~ $300. Bundled ~ $325. They said Snagit has limited video capture no editing is mainly for images. Cantasia more video editing. Having both would be the best of both worlds? 

I want to be able to communicate my plans better with other CA users and industry professionals. In the future, I want a pro video of my model in my spec homes for clients to watch explaining my designs. They said I can switch back from a video of me using my camera to my screen/model by editing. 

Is this the better of the video/image software on the market and is it easy to use? Are there other competitors I should look at? 

How often do they roll versions. Snagit is on V12.4, Camtasia 8.6. Like CA SSA they want a $81/year maintenance fee for version updates/and priority tech support? Otherwise, 50% of software cost. 

I use SnagIt but I don't do any editing, my Clients get un edited, I just don't want to spend my time editing. If your model is pretty clean than you will not need much editing. I will be purchasing a 3d mouse, it seem to work much better than any mouse does for videos. Never had to pay any update fee's with SnagIt.

Screencast for storage of your videos is about 100 dollars a year.

I been using Camtasia for about 3-4 years, great program for video editing, you can separate video and audio, you can make presentations, put videos together, special effects, etc. They came out with a few newer versions since then free of charge. I mean there is so much you can do with it, I can't list it all.

Snagit is good if you want something simple to make a quick clip, etc.