elementsdesign

Figured I would update this thread for the benefit of those who are research junkies like me when it comes to computers. I bought a 15" Macbook Pro recently and many of the issues I had before are no longer a problem. pdf file sizes are larger than my Windows machine but only by maybe 25% to 50% which is nothing compared to the 5 to 10 times larger it used to be. Still not a fan of the color wheel selector vs. the Windows grid color selector but I can live with it. One thing I've noticed with the Mac is the cursor seems a little shaky, nothing major but it's just not as smooth as it is on Windows.

I really wanted a Windows laptop that was a decent screen size and portable but after getting an Asus Zenbook Pro that had fans running non-stop and an ultra light dual core unit that lacked power, I decided to pull the trigger on the Macbook. Still a bigger fan of the Windows interface but it's hard to deny what Apple can do in the world of lightweight laptops.

I have been using Apple products since the original iPhone came out and I purchased a Mac Pro shortly thereafter (2008) followed by a MacBook Air when they were released.  Even though my Mac Pro is 8 years old it runs Chief just fine.  I upgraded my video card to an nVidia GTX250 about four years ago and just recently added more Ram (I now have 10MB).

I just love the way all my Apple products play nice with each other and I have an older USB2 DROBO that I use for Time Machine.  The DROBO is great as it has 4 hot swappable hard drives and if one fails you just replace it and nothing is lost as it duplicates storage over several drives.  I recently purchased a laptop PC as I like to play games and my GTX250 is not up to the task (in Boot Camp) and there are no more upgrades available but would never go back to a Windows machine.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Alan